Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly

and what does that even mean?
I haven't the foggiest. Well, it's December 22nd, 2010 and
I am not curled up by the fire listening to Christmas music,
I am also not rushing through the mall picking up last minute trinkets for stockings.
I am definitely not baking Christmas cookies either.

I am sitting at my office desk.
Being a grown-up is for the birds.
I'm trying to make the most of it, by blasting Christmas music from my office,
online window shopping for things I would never buy but would love to watch people open,
and i have consumed 4 cups of hot chocolate in 2 hours.

Even if I spend the days leading up to Christmas someplace other than WhoVille,
it can at least be WhoVille in my mind!
I am done Christmas shopping, everything is wrapped...
I kinda wish I had more to do because it is so fun to me! This year will be extra special because my niece will be with us- every holiday is better with a child. Especially one my whole family is way too obsessed with.
I've been watching the weather reports, and it appears like only a Christmas Miracle could bring us snow on December 25th. But... I'm still holding out...

This Christmas I am BEYOND thankful for my life. Could it be better? I really don't think so. I have the best husband of all times, who is the best companion and friend a girl could ask for. Life is a constant party for us. I have an absolutely wonderful family- each member is so supportive and encouraging, not to mention a blast to be with. I also am blessed with fun friends, an amazing church and a great job.

Life is good for the King & I.

Merry Christmas!
(from my office)

No comments:

Post a Comment