Friday, February 26, 2010

My latest and permanent obsession


Man oh man, am I in serious trouble! I've picked up a new addiction (no, not in place of Starbucks. In addition to it- Come now!) Anyway, I think this one could be more severe and I sure don't think I'll recover from this one any time soon- unlike previous obsessions with Coach, Espadrilles, and McDonald's double cheeseburgers- woof! Seriously, I should go to jail for how many I ate in 2007. But anyway!

King and I are happy happy happy to announce our beautiful baby girl niecey-poo was born this week and I am totally and completely SMITTEN by her! For real. She has been alive all of 5 Days and I have been depressed every single time I've left her side. I tried the not-leaving-her-side thing, but then found out I didn't, in fact, get Maternity Leave for my Big Sis havin a babe. The Cruelty! The Inhumanity!!!!!!!!

So my current inner struggle sounds a little something like this: "I'm quitting my job and staying home with my sis and her baby bunny! I'm never working again! On the other hand, I'm convincing my hubby to take me to Vegas and Europe and I need a Louis, not to mention I love eating out and really just in general am quite an expensive person."

So, Mr. King and I are settling for loving on her and snuggling her in our "Not 9-5 time"- Waaa. One thing's for sure, our sweetie little niece has stolen her Uncle H's heart as much as she's taken mine. You should see how precious he is with her.

And, it would be criminal to talk about the baby and neglect to mention how my sister succeeded in making Childbirth look like a freakin walk in the park! I was in there and got to be a part of the labor/deliv. and to put it lightly, she was a CHAMP. Didn't even break a sweat. I want to be like her, in oh, 4-5 years. I was waiting for the psycho verbage and screaming to begin, and she pushed for like 10 minutes and then had an angel. Don't try it at home, noone else has that kind of delivery story... I think she's just the bomb and that's that.


1 comment:

  1. She is precious Cait!!!! I am so happy for you to be an Aunt, little Drew is going to be sooo spoiled, what a lucky girl she is to have you as an Aunt!!! Poor Claire will miss all your adoration ;)Have so much fun!!!! Tell your Sis, "Congratulations!!!" from me :)
    Leslie~

    ReplyDelete