Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Amazing Race

I am currently obsessed with the show "The Amazing Race". I love it, love it, love it and want to be on it ASAP please. This season held my favorite character of any season yet, and it was Mallory Ervin, Miss Kentucky 2009. She raced this season with her dad Gary, and unfortunately the duo ended in 6th place after coming in last in the most recent leg of the race in Oman. Such a disappointment to me, because she was absolutely hilarious on the show and most of the time these two were the only team that didn't duke it out through every country.

But moving on, the idea of an "Amazing Race" around the world is enthralling to me- and I'd like to go with each member of my family on an adventure in another part of the world! I have to admit, I do believe the Houston Family as a whole would be a force to be reckoned with on the show... the boys are fearless, sky-diving, bungee-jumping maniacs and the girls are savvy and serious problem solvers- maybe they will cast all of us?
Here is my idea of an amazing race!

1. ENGLAND


I'd kick off my race in Londontown with my dear old Dad, and here is why: He is always on time, so we would get a jump start on everyone else. In fact, my mom calls him Big Ben.. how fitting! Also, Dad is quite the History buff, so we would whiz through every challenge.

2. SWEDEN


Many of you don't know this, but when my big sis was a little girl, she told everyone she wanted to be a missionary to Sweden! Not sure why or even how that is going nowadays, but I figured I would honor her wishes and send her to the place of her childhood dreams. Here we would race together- Meg is so diplomatic and would have no problem getting people to work with us and help us win!

3. FRANCE


From Sweden, I would race to Paris with my mom. Because who doesn't want to go to PAREEEE with their mom? really! She'd rock at finding shoppes on the Champs-Elysees, eating bonbons and macaroons and she even knows some French. Plus she is fierce and would take on the whole country if necessary! Tres Bon!

3. South Africa


From France, I would head south to South Africa with my Bro-N-Law Shaun. Shaun is the ultimate Survivor- no safari, cliff jump, sky dive or anything in between would scare him. Instead he would probably ask if he could jump from a higher spot.

3. CHINA


After Africa, I would meet my little bro Hunt in China for the next leg of the race. Since it's China, I am figuring the challenges will be analytical- Hunt is super smart and crazy at puzzles, math, problem solving and tech-y things. He'd have no problems in this country. Plus, I imagine he would stick out like a sore thumb, which i think could work in my favor.

3. MALDIVES


On my last stop on my race around the world, I would end up in the Maldives with Mr. King. Ok, this one doesn't have a good reason why- except it looks like straight up paradise!

So... TV Execs, come find me! My bags are packed!

No comments:

Post a Comment