Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A year ago today...

A year ago today,
I found myself halfway through my wedding week.
I was running around doing last-minute shopping, packing my honeymoon bags, watching the clock until my beloved friends and family landed at the airport, along with a zillion other things put together.
I was a wee bit overwhelmed.
I'd been warned that the wedding week, festivities and wedding itself would blur together if I wasn't careful.

So I stopped- took a deep breath- and found that I was
a. super excited to be the Bride!
b. extremely satisfied with the outcome of the dress, the decor, the planning of all details
c. beyond pumped and ready to be marrying the man of my dreams
d. thankful for every last bit of effort my friends and family had put into making everything perfect for me
e. NOT going to let the emotions and tasks of the event to outweigh the major excitement and happiness I had!

Boy, am I glad I gave myself a talking to.
Because a year later, I am thinking back on all the activities and having the most fond memories. It was really the best week of my life. It couldn't have been any better. If you are getting married any time soon, or any time in the future- remind yourself not to stress!
Laugh, Eat the Food, Don't sweat the little details, Live in the moment!
You're never going to get that week again- so do it well.

A few favorite moments of the week:






No comments:

Post a Comment