Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Isn't She Lovely?

I recently rediscovered a quote by Audrey Hepburn that I've always loved- to me it personifies a woman of virtue. It got me thinking... In an effort to mix the world's standards of "pretty" with what is currently popular- and somehow measure worth through that, most people are utterly confused by what true beauty is and how to identify it. When thinking about the beautiful people in my life- and there are many- I rarely think first about their outward appearance or the things that make them cool to everyone else. I think immediately about the qualities they possess that have impacted my way of thinking and made me better. I think next about the fruit of their lives. and finally I think about the way they treat people.

Have you ever heard someone say "Happy people are the prettiest." ?
I'd have to agree. Someone content with life, not feeling threatened by others' success- definitely seem to be most eye-catching.

Enter Audrey Hepburn, who said it best:
“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

That to me sums it all up.
To be pretty, you just have to be
kind- of good or benevolent nature or disposition
confident- showing assurance in one's self
virtuous- having high moral standards
helpful- rendering aid or assistance
happy- characterized by contentment & joy
loyal- faithful to one's oath

and that's all folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment