Thursday, October 21, 2010

Monster Mash

Each year, one of our good friends hosts a hilariously fun Halloween costume party. I am amazed each year at the creativity my friends use to outdo one another with their get-ups. I must admit, I'm usually pretty boring. My hubs on the other hand, puts a lot of effort into his costumes. For instance, one year when we were still dating, I didn't even recognize him in costume! I couldn't find him and thought maybe he just hadn't shown up....
No no.
He had painted his entire body BLACK.

Exhibit A:
Oh yeah, and I was an FBI agent. See, I told ya. Nothing to write home about.

So this year, I really want to go above my typical costumes and do something awesome. Trouble is, most great ideas involve a level of hoochiness. For instance- Lady Gaga? Snooki? Amy Winehouse? I could do those in a heartbeat.
But then I'd be a skank.

And one thing I will NEVER understand is how Halloween gives all females the right to be downright Dirrrrrrty with their costumes.
Pirate Sea Wench? Just be a pirate.
Little Red Riding Hood in a short skirt with a corset and garters..? I'm sorry, but isn't that a nursery rhyme?
Spare me.

I NEED HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment