Friday, August 19, 2011

Ladies Night!

I love love love dates with my husband, but sometimes a girl just needs a night full of predictable plots, ridiculous love stories, chocolate and nail polish.
That's right- a GIRLS night.
Mr. King is a good sport and humors me by going to the occasional romantic comedy where I bawl my eyes out and he eats movie candy...
only girls fully appreciate a good chick flick in its entirety.

Tonight, I am hanging with a slew of gals- some I know really well, and some I don't. Based on their ability to cry and laugh in a split second at what is happening on the screen, I will be able to gauge our friend-compatibility.

And now, an ode to some of the best Girly Movies of all times, and my recommendations:

"My Best Friend's Wedding"- Amazing movie- even better 90's clothes! If you have not seen it, What are you waiting for?!! One of my all-time favorites.

"The Wedding Planner"- Classic J Lo and Matthew Mcconaughey love story, where J Lo actually puts on a good performance. Mcconaughey is always charming... and also finds himself in "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days".

And "10 Things I Hate About You"... If you were not in middle school in the year 2000, you just wouldn't understand. RIP Heath Ledger.


"Pride and Prejudice"- Amazing character development and scenery. And You'll seem smarter by knowing about a real piece of English Literature. Go buy it today and watch it until you understand what they are saying.

"Serendipity"... Worth seeing just to learn about Frozen Hot Chocolate. Yes it is a real thing!

"You've Got Mail"... About the time I fell in love with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. Such a great love story- Great Script, Scenery, Acting. All-around best flick.

The original Chick Flick- GREASE! If your mom didn't let you watch it when you were growing up, it's time to take the plunge. If your mom made you watch it like mine did, then you spent your elementary years making up plays about it and searching for your own Danny. (only my BFF Bailie will know the extent to which we went... suuuuuch dorks).

And now for the first Girl Movie to steal my heart- CLUELESS!
A total waste of time if you are into deep, intellectually challenging story lines.
You will feel more shallow after you view it, but man Alicia Silverstone was SO COOL as Cher when this came out in 1995! Wanted to be her. Until I watched it in high school and realized some of her clothes were tacky and the boys weren't even cute. Once again, RIP to one of the stars, Brittany Murphy.

Come on girls! No Girls Night is complete until you've eaten something fattening. So here is a recipe for you to pick up from Cookies and Cupcakes! Talk about To Die For!

Snickers Popcorn....

Don’t forget your Kleenex and OPI polish- See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment