Thursday, August 11, 2011

We did it! We really did it!

This summer, Mr. King and I took the trip we had been dreaming about since the dating days, and I had been planning since the engagement days. It was literally a dream come true. We had the time of our lives, traipsing from Londy to Italy. It has been such a relief to me that my huz is such a good traveler- happy on Zero sleep and down for trying anything and everything we come across. he is the ultimate good sport when traveling. Another fun fact: He never gets worn out. Ask anyone who knows him. He does laps in the airports for fun. I sit, eat and read glossies. To each his own. Anyway- We divided our time between London, Paris and Rome. All three were magical in their own way. London was chilly and we probably hiked a million miles each day. This city is "liveable" in our opinion. We had such a grand time exploring and seeing all there was to see. At night, we would collapse- my feet would be falling off in pain and he would be wide awake with jet lag watching lame '90's movies! Paris was totally different and super romantic! We didn't walk nearly as much- Taxis were the name of the game. I now understand why Paris is the City of Love- being there with my Sweetheart made it all the more enchanting. The language, pastries, architecture, style and art made this my favorite stop on the trip. Next came Rome, which was yet again different from the first two stops! We totally took our time going from one landmark to the next, stopping to shop and eat whenever we fancied. Because of that, we didn't see everything there is to see- but we saw enough to absolutely love it and have the best time. I think this was my hubby's favorite place, because of the amazing history.... and gelato. All in all, we had such a fun time.

We both agreed that you need a vacation to recover from a vacation when you go to Europe. We were tired for a week upon return. Well worth it- can't wait to jetset across the ocean again soon. The following posts are some of our highlights. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment