Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Times, They are A-Changin!

So if you know ANYTHING about Moi and my husband- you know we both have rawwwther awful sweet tooths. As in, eat a sweet every hour on the hour and extra if you need a boost!
But recently, my husband has been thinking "skinny"- eating healthier, running in the 110 degree heat, not allowing so many treat binges a week... Which has inspired me. I am not sure if it is the idea of my husband being skinnier than me or my clothes being a smidge tighter than months past. But either way, I am officially motivated to be healthier. And to hold my feet to the flame- I agreed to run a mini marathon! Nothing like jumping in head first. Mind you, I haven't consistently worked out all summer. So here goes nothing.

My 9-mile race is in October, so I have roughly two months. Some say that is not a lot of time, but I am making it enough time because I need something to force me to stay on course.

Main Concerns:
1. Will this new running hobby interfere with my tv watching? Probably
2. Will running every day make my legs thick? Man I hope not
3. Do I already feel better about myself? Yep
4. Will I be proud of myself and my friends when we finish? Beyond
5. Where can I buy cute work-out clothes?
I really think my priorities are starting to come together!






No comments:

Post a Comment