Thursday, October 8, 2009

introducing: our new pad

So, my hubs to be and I are almost exactly a month out from our WEDDING! Excitement does not even begin to cover the way we feel about this... Mixed with Busy Busy Busy! I don't think one single groom in the history of grooms will ever fully understand how many decisions are made in order to pull off "The Big Day"- but alas, he is as excited as I am for it, and that's all that matters! To make it even better, we get to move all of our lovely furniture, gifts and odds & ends into our new apartment this weekend!

Things I am most excited about moving in: My (our) cakestand, My (our) new Tuscan vases and urns from Pottery Barn, and my (our) waffle maker, cake and cupcake pans, My (our) Teapot, the end.

Things I am not excited about moving in: Everything else.

I am NOT, I repeat, NOT a good mover, and I must admit I do not have a good attitude on moving day(s). To be sure, I LOVE everything we've received and purchased to make this place the perfect "first home".. I just hate loading, carrying, unpacking, re-hanging- ew. Thankfully, I am marrying someone who never complains about tasks like this- in fact, he LIKES them??? Anyway, so it's pretty much been decided that he is heading up the moving/painting team and I am the captain of directing the movers and providing delicious treats when they are finished. My tasks at hand: picking up all the paint, and making sure all upholstery and fabrics match the chosen colors.. Thank Heavens we have the same taste when it comes to decor, paint colors, furniture style- Phew!! I can see how those things could cause mucho problemos X 10 should husband and wife not find common ground on these things... But we do. and we have decided on a few rooms as our inspiration:



As you can see, our color scheme is centering around different greys and tiffany blue. I'll be sure to post after the painting takes place this weekend.. Wish me luck, and that I don't get any paint in almost-hubby's hair.

Cait


1 comment:

  1. love love love all of the rooms. i have the bottom picture as my "office inspiration" room. i adore it. can't wait to see the amazingly decorated place you two have! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete