Monday, October 12, 2009

just another manic monday...

Who am I kidding? Like there is a NON-manic day to be found, 3.5 weeks out from a wedding!

Just going over in my mind, the wildly eventful weekend the Mister and I had, and NO WONDER I need another cup of coffee this morning. I spent the first half of Saturday at my personal shower, thrown by my FAB bridesmaids. What is it like to have about 10 Best Friends who all have ridic style and happen to all be party planners in their own right? Ask me, and Maybe I'll write a whole post on it someday. For now, I'll just post a few pics from the grand affair.



The theme was Becoming a Housewife- and everyone wore adorable aprons, brought recipes (much needed, as the only cuisines currently in my cooking repertoire are spaghetti,... Ok. That's it, but it is GOOD)- and my genius friends had everyone sign an apron, and then they are stitching each person's message onto the apron for me! I mean really!

So I got all sorts of goodies, and had a lot of fun. Then, I went and met Harry and his moving team to make sure nothing was getting seriously damaged on its way into the apartment. Which by the way, our apartment is going to be DREAMY when we are done painting. I'll be sure and post pics when that takes place, hopefully this weekend. After everyone cleared out for the day, and all of our belongings were strewn about in complete disarray, we collapsed on our new couch with a big sigh and a huge satisfaction. We sat there and just kept saying, "We're really getting married! We really have a home! We get to live together. We get to start a life together!"

A surreal, very very happy moment for us. And then we made a to-do list of things we couldn't wait for, like building our first fire in the fireplace and carrying in our first groceries (which probably should be tonight, or else future-hubby will go hungry)...

very happy today.


1 comment:

  1. love love love everything about this post. so excited for you and harold, AND to see all the cute pictures of your newly decorated crib. by the way, which apartment are you moving to that's letting you paint?
    p.s. your mom painted a super cute picture of you preparing for your wedding with you sitting on a couch, watching tv, and flat ironing leaves for your amazing wedding decor... so cute.

    ReplyDelete