Monday, September 13, 2010

Yo fro-yo!




I've deemed this past summer, "The Summer of Fro-Yo" because our city has had about 25 different Frozen Yogurt joints pop up out of the woodwork! Not that I'm complaining- because I LOVE a good frozen delight, expecially when people say it's low-calorie! Now, I'm not sure if that is even true or not- but I'm not concerned enough to actually go to caloriecount.com about it. I'll just continue eating it as my daily dairy in the food pyramid.

This picture captures a recent dinner Mr. King & I had at Orange Leaf.
MMMM!



Now, for you adventurous types- I've found a delightful treat that we need to try ASAP!

1. Key Lime Bars, from myrecipes.com


Prep: 5 min., Freeze: 30 min. Serve with fresh raspberries or blackberries, pressed between graham crackers or gingersnaps, or on its own for a tangy treat.

Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)

Ingredients

  • 1 (32-ounce) container whole milk French vanilla yogurt
  • 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup Key lime juice

Preparation

Whisk together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Pour mixture into the freezer container of a 1 1/2-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.) Cover and freeze until desired firmness.

No comments:

Post a Comment